AWADHI CHICKEN BIRYANI
1½ cups Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice
750 grams chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces on bone
2 blade mace
10 green cardamoms
3 bay leaves
Salt to taste
4½ tablespoons ghee + for drizzling
1 inch cinnamon
1 medium onion, sliced
½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
3 green chillies
½ cup yogurt
1½ tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
½ teaspoon green cardamom powder
½ teaspoon mace (javitri) powder
Few saffron strands
½ teaspoon rose water
½ teaspoon screwpine essence (kewra)
Whole wheat flour (atta) dough as required
2 tablespoons fried onions
Few fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons fresh cream
1 tablespoon saffron milk
Fresh mint sprig for garnishing
1. Soak Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice in sufficient water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 3 cups water in a deep non-stick pan. Add mace, 6 green cardamoms, 2 bay leaves, drained Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice, salt and 1½ tablespoons ghee. Stir lightly, cover and cook till 3/4th done.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons ghee in another deep non-stick pan. Add remaining green cardamoms, cinnamon, remaining bay leaf, cloves, onion and cumin seeds, mix and sauté till onions are lightly browned.
4. Put chicken pieces in a bowl.
5. Slit green chillies, add to the bowl alongwith yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, salt, ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder, ¼ teaspoon mace powder, saffron, ¼ teaspoon rose water and ¼ teaspoon screwpine essence and mix well. Set aside to marinate.
6. Roll out wheat flour dough into a cylinder and place on a lid.
7. Strain the Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice in a colander. Set aside.
8. Add marinated chicken to the onions, spread the strained Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice on top and add fried onions and mint leaves. Drizzle cream, saffron milk, some ghee, remaining rose water, remaining screwpine essence, remaining cardamom powder and remaining mace powder, place lid with dough on top and press. Cook on low heat for 25-30 minutes.
9. Garnish with mint sprig and serve hot.
IMPORTANT CAUTION NOTICE
Fraud using the Company's name and brands
LT Foods/Daawat or its Sub-Brands are not taking any money for distributorship or franchisee for soliciting its brands. This is to reiterate; LT Foods/Daawat has also not authorized any individuals to carry such activities on its behalf.
It has come to our notice that some unscrupulous individuals falsely impersonating themselves as the employees or contractors of LT Foods, have been issuing fraudulent distribution possibilities and offers, fake commitment letters, etc., in lieu of money on behalf of LT Foods/Daawat and offering partnership/distributorship and products by using the Company’s, assets like logo, brand name, website content, brand images, etc. in an unauthorized manner.
Fraudulent offers are being made to interested parties to become a distributor/franchisee of LT Foods/Daawat/its Sub brands through registration on the web via a form and make a payment. They are also issuing fake letters in the name of LT Foods /Daawat and are using the Company's flagship trademark “Daawat”. At present, the fraudsters are using the email addresses email@example.com and websites www.daawatricceltd.com etc. to pursue this agenda.
The Company has escalated the matter to Cyber Cell and reported these frauds to the Police. Please beware of these frauds who seek/ may seek any amount as fees, advances, security deposits.
These fraudulent activities are a punishable offense. We request the public at large not to get persuaded by any such individuals and report any such activity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is to inform all concerned that official websites of LT Foods/ Daawat are –