EGG (Anda) BIRYANI
7 eggs (anda), hard-boiled and peeled
1½ cups Daawat Super Basmati Rice, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
4 tablespoons oil
1 black cardamom
½ inch cinnamon
1 bay leaf
12-16 black peppercorns
9 green cardamoms
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
Salt to taste
Juice of ½ lemon
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons red chilli powder
1½ tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
3 green chillies
¾ cup fresh tomato puree
2 tablespoons coriander powder
1 tablespoon + a pinch garam masala powder
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup yogurt
3 tablespoons fried onions + for garnishing
Few fresh mint leaves
1 inch ginger, cut into strips
Fresh mint sprig for garnishing
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a deep non-stick pan.
2. Heat 3 cups water in another deep non-stick pan. Add black cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaf, 8 cloves, peppercorns and 4 green cardamoms and bring to a boil.
3. Add remaining cloves and remaining cardamoms to the oil and sauté till fragrant.
4. Add rice to the boiling water and let it cook.
5. Add onions to the oil and sauté till translucent.
6. Cut potatoes into cubes.
7. Add salt, 1 tablespoon oil and lemon juice to rice and cook till ¾th done.
8. Add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder and 1½ teaspoons chilli powder to the onions and mix well. Add eggs and potato cubes and fry for a minute. Transfer eggs and potatoes in a bowl and set aside.
9. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix. Add green chillies, tomato puree and salt, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
10. Strain the Daawat Super Basmati Rice in a colander and set aside.
11. Add coriander powder, remaining chilli powder, 1 tablespoon garam masala powder and remaining turmeric powder to the tomato puree mixture, mix well and cook till the oil separates.
12. Add fried eggs (anda), potato cubes, coriander leaves, yogurt and spread a layer of strained Daawat Super Basmati Rice on top.
13. Top with fried onions, some mint leaves, a pinch garam masala powder, ginger strips and add remaining oil, cover and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
14. Garnish with fried onions and mint sprig and serve hot.
IMPORTANT CAUTION NOTICE
Fraud using the Company's name and brands
LT Foods/Daawat or its Sub-Brands are not taking any money for distributorship or franchisee for soliciting its brands. This is to reiterate; LT Foods/Daawat has also not authorized any individuals to carry such activities on its behalf.
It has come to our notice that some unscrupulous individuals falsely impersonating themselves as the employees or contractors of LT Foods, have been issuing fraudulent distribution possibilities and offers, fake commitment letters, etc., in lieu of money on behalf of LT Foods/Daawat and offering partnership/distributorship and products by using the Company’s, assets like logo, brand name, website content, brand images, etc. in an unauthorized manner.
Fraudulent offers are being made to interested parties to become a distributor/franchisee of LT Foods/Daawat/its Sub brands through registration on the web via a form and make a payment. They are also issuing fake letters in the name of LT Foods /Daawat and are using the Company's flagship trademark “Daawat”. At present, the fraudsters are using the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and websites www.daawatricceltd.com etc. to pursue this agenda.
The Company has escalated the matter to Cyber Cell and reported these frauds to the Police. Please beware of these frauds who seek/ may seek any amount as fees, advances, security deposits.
These fraudulent activities are a punishable offense. We request the public at large not to get persuaded by any such individuals and report any such activity at email@example.com.
This is to inform all concerned that official websites of LT Foods/ Daawat are –