KASHMIRI MUTTON BIRYANI
500 grams mutton, cut into 1 inch pieces on bone
1½ cups Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice
5 tablespoons ghee
1 tablespoon fennel seeds (saunf)
3 bay leaves
7 green cardamoms
1 inch cinnamon
5 green chillies
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
2 teaspoons caraway seeds (shahi jeera)
1 tablespoon fennel (saunf) powder
½ teaspoon dried ginger powder (saunth)
¼ teaspoon mace (javitri) powder
¼ cup yogurt
2 tablespoons saffron milk
Few drops rose water
Fresh mint sprig for garnishing
1. Soak Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice in sufficient water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a pressure cooker.
3. Take a piece of muslin cloth. Add fennel seeds and tie into a potli.
4. Add bay leaves, cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamon and broken green chillies to ghee and sauté for a minute.
5. Add mutton pieces and mix. Add salt, mix and sauté till mutton pieces are lightly browned.
6. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Add sufficient water and stir to mix. Add potli, cover and pressure cook for 15-20 minutes.
7. Discard the potli and strain the mutton pieces. Discard bay leaves and cinnamon. Reserve the mutton stock.
8. Heat remaining ghee in a deep non-stick pan. Add caraway seeds and sauté till seeds crackle.
9. Add mutton pieces, fennel powder, ginger powder and mace powder and mix well. Add yogurt, mix and bring to a boil.
10. Add 3 cups reserved mutton stock and drained Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice, cover and bring to a boil.
11. Add saffron milk and rose water, cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
12. Garnish with mint sprig and serve hot.
IMPORTANT CAUTION NOTICE
Fraud using the Company's name and brands
LT Foods/Daawat or its Sub-Brands are not taking any money for distributorship or franchisee for soliciting its brands. This is to reiterate; LT Foods/Daawat has also not authorized any individuals to carry such activities on its behalf.
It has come to our notice that some unscrupulous individuals falsely impersonating themselves as the employees or contractors of LT Foods, have been issuing fraudulent distribution possibilities and offers, fake commitment letters, etc., in lieu of money on behalf of LT Foods/Daawat and offering partnership/distributorship and products by using the Company’s, assets like logo, brand name, website content, brand images, etc. in an unauthorized manner.
Fraudulent offers are being made to interested parties to become a distributor/franchisee of LT Foods/Daawat/its Sub brands through registration on the web via a form and make a payment. They are also issuing fake letters in the name of LT Foods /Daawat and are using the Company's flagship trademark “Daawat”. At present, the fraudsters are using the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and websites www.daawatricceltd.com etc. to pursue this agenda.
The Company has escalated the matter to Cyber Cell and reported these frauds to the Police. Please beware of these frauds who seek/ may seek any amount as fees, advances, security deposits.
These fraudulent activities are a punishable offense. We request the public at large not to get persuaded by any such individuals and report any such activity at email@example.com.
This is to inform all concerned that official websites of LT Foods/ Daawat are –