VEGETABLE DUM BIRYANI
¼ cup corn kernels
2 medium carrots, cut into diamonds
16-18 cauliflower florets
5-6 French beans, cut into pieces
½ cup green peas
1½ cups Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice
4 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon caraway seeds (shahi jeera)
10 green cardamoms
2 bay leaves
1½ inch stick cinnamon
2 medium onions, sliced
1 black cardamom
1 blade mace (javitri)
1 star anise (phool chakri)
Salt to taste
3 green chillies
2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1½ teaspoons cumin (jeera) powder
1½ teaspoons red chilli powder
2-3 tablespoons yogurt
1 tablespoon ghee
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 teaspoon garam masala powder + as required
6 tablespoons fried onions
Fresh mint leaves as required
2 tablespoons saffron milk
Few drops screwpine essence (kewra)
Few drops rose water
Ginger strips for garnishing
Micro greens for garnishing
1. Soak Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice in sufficient water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add caraway seeds, 8-10 cloves, 4 green cardamoms, 2 bay leaves, 1 inch cinnamon and onions, mix and sauté till onions are lightly browned.
3. Heat 3 cups water in another deep non-stick pan. Add remaining green cardamoms, black cardamom, mace, remaining bay leaves, remaining cinnamon, remaining cloves, star anise, salt, remaining oil and drained Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice and cook till the rice is 3/4th done
4. Break green chillies, add to the onions alongwith ginger-garlic paste, mix well and sauté for a minute.
5. Add tomatoes and mix. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook till tomatoes turn soft and pulpy.
6. Add corn kernels and carrots and mix. Add cauliflower, French beans and salt and mix well.
7. Add yogurt and mix. Add green peas, mix well, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
8. Strain the Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice in a colander, add ghee to the rice and mix well.
9. Transfer half the cooked vegetables into a bowl and set aside.
10. Add coriander leaves to the vegetables in pan and mix well. Add garam masala powder and spread a layer of cooked rice on top. Add 3 tablespoons fried onions, some mint leaves, some garam masala powder and 1 tablespoon saffron milk.
11. Spread a layer of reserved cooked vegetables and top with remaining cooked rice. Add remaining fried onions, some mint leaves, some garam masala powder, remaining saffron milk, screwpine essence and rose water. Cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
12. Garnish with ginger strips and micro greens and serve hot.
IMPORTANT CAUTION NOTICE
Fraud using the Company's name and brands
LT Foods/Daawat or its Sub-Brands are not taking any money for distributorship or franchisee for soliciting its brands. This is to reiterate; LT Foods/Daawat has also not authorized any individuals to carry such activities on its behalf.
It has come to our notice that some unscrupulous individuals falsely impersonating themselves as the employees or contractors of LT Foods, have been issuing fraudulent distribution possibilities and offers, fake commitment letters, etc., in lieu of money on behalf of LT Foods/Daawat and offering partnership/distributorship and products by using the Company’s, assets like logo, brand name, website content, brand images, etc. in an unauthorized manner.
Fraudulent offers are being made to interested parties to become a distributor/franchisee of LT Foods/Daawat/its Sub brands through registration on the web via a form and make a payment. They are also issuing fake letters in the name of LT Foods /Daawat and are using the Company's flagship trademark “Daawat”. At present, the fraudsters are using the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and websites www.daawatricceltd.com etc. to pursue this agenda.
The Company has escalated the matter to Cyber Cell and reported these frauds to the Police. Please beware of these frauds who seek/ may seek any amount as fees, advances, security deposits.
These fraudulent activities are a punishable offense. We request the public at large not to get persuaded by any such individuals and report any such activity at email@example.com.
This is to inform all concerned that official websites of LT Foods/ Daawat are –